Etsy made local 2017 – Milton Keynes

thebungaloweditDecember 2, 2017

Today I ventured along to the Etsy Made Local market at Intu Milton Keynes, locally known as ‘The new bit’ of the shopping centre.

I went along with my Dad who has yet to venture into the world of markets with his Etsy shop, so it was a great way for him to see how it all happens and to network with other local sellers. My Dad, who I think is simply brilliant, (biased much) makes beautiful wooden things for the home. His venture is called Knot N Bowl if you want to check him out.

The market was great, so many lovely sellers, all a little bit chilly but cheerful non the less. We mooched around the 40+ stallholders, with the promise of popping into Pret when we were done! The beauty of Etsy markets is that all the stallholders are true crafts people, all value the beauty of the handmade and individual, so you are bound to buy something truly unique. I wish I could cover all the sellers I saw today at the market, but here are a few of my favourites I hope you love them too!

Rosie and the Boys

So first up is Rosie and the Boys, I have to say I fell in love with her table confetti! Which you could even use to craft your own cards or decorate gifts with. Owner, maker and designer Rosemary Cheetham lives and works in Bedford, and creates these beautiful paper cut garlands, cards and cake toppers too! Her products being made from paper are also environmentally friendly, even better she takes personalised commissions too.

Bohème Fibres

This beautiful handcrafted Macrame caught my eye instantly, it was gorgeous! If it wasn’t for the fact my plants have been redistributed to friends and family because of the impending move, I would have happily snapped up one of the many plant hangers on offer! Owner of Bohème Fibres, Tara, was so lovely to chat to, she also takes commissions, so go check out her wall hangings and cute little key rings which would make perfect stocking fillers for the bohomie in your life!

Flat 102

Flat 102 owned by Stephanie, features some real Scandi style homewares. All her designs are created by her and then screen printed in her studio ‘aka the garage’! She also runs workshops from Southwood Stores, another local business you should definitely check out. I loved her cheese plant print cushion, I thought you would too!

Handmade AMJ

Amy James had to be my favourite seller of the day, we had matching scarves on, so instantly I knew we’d get along! She showed me how her fantastic geometric noticeboards fixed to the wall, it was all so very simple, even a diy clown like me could do it. They caught my eye because I’ve pinned similar on my board for Tobias’ bedroom. I was thinking I could stick cork to the wall but these are miles better! You can have them in any formation plus they are easy to remove. Just one screw holds them securely to the wall with a really clever easy to put up system! Just brilliant! HandmadeAMJ is a firm favourite here!

Le Ekhaya

Last up is Le Ekhaya, not strictly homewares I know, but we chatted about love of Ankara fabric and Unique Sibanda’s necklaces spoke that boho speak to me! They were some statement pieces. Her inspiration comes from the Ndebele Tribe known for their Aztec pattern and colourful wall paintings. Some truly lovely jewellery that isn’t what you’d find on the high street.

Some of the other sellers include Outhouse by hand, Nutmeg Wall Stickers, Oscar and French, The Room Alive and Louise Brainwood Plus many, many more!

So there concludes my round up of the market and my favourite sellers! Make sure you check them out and #shopsmall #shoplocal this Christmas. The beauty of Etsy is these sellers post nationwide and some even internationally.

Comments (13)

• Nicola Capper

December 2, 2017 at 4:20 pm

How amazing to have somewhere local like this. I will certainly be checking out Flat 102!

1. Bethany Reynolds

December 2, 2017 at 5:33 pm

Oh their stuff is so lovely, you won’t be disappointed!

• rosannaalicia

December 2, 2017 at 8:08 pm

What gorgeous crafts! The macrame stall would have had the chunk of my spending money I think – so beautiful. Is this just a Milton Keynes thing or do they have Etsy markets all over the place? I didn’t know it was a thing! Rx

1. Bethany Reynolds

December 2, 2017 at 8:12 pm

All over! Check your local Etsy community for more info. You can also check out Bohème Fibres Online, they post! X

• Fawn Interiors Studio

December 2, 2017 at 9:38 pm

What a great idea – we love to #shoplocal ourselves! Also often forget just how talented all the Etsyers are. 🙂

1. Bethany Reynolds

December 2, 2017 at 10:23 pm

They are a special bunch!

• Juan Sandiego

December 3, 2017 at 8:04 am

Oh, I didn’t know that this market existed! Do they rotate the stalls? It’s an interesting concept. I hope the expand it to other UK cities.

1. Bethany Reynolds

December 3, 2017 at 8:13 am

This was the first one MK have done, but yes usually that stalls are rotated and it’s always the first weekend in December, look out for one near you, the Etsy Made Local have been running for a few years now.

• fionamostyn

December 3, 2017 at 4:13 pm

Etsy is such a great source of unique crafts and gifts. Your dad’s wooden bowls are beautiful too.

1. Bethany Reynolds

December 3, 2017 at 4:14 pm

Thanks Fiona, it’s really is a great place to find special things. X

• Jenny Kakoudakis (@SeasonsInColour)

December 3, 2017 at 5:53 pm

ETSY continues to be one of my favourite places to shop. I have to admit I was really MAD when Amazon tried to launch their similar concept of ‘amazon handmade’ (or something similar, cannot remember), as if they don’t already take out of business thousands of small businesses… Love the round up and the sellers featured!

• Becky Pink

December 3, 2017 at 7:44 pm

Ah thanks so much for this – I was gutted to miss this as I’ve been in Brighton this weekend, so it’s great to have a taster and now I can follow your links to have a proper nose! Glad you met lovely Step from Flat 102, her pieces are gorgeous aren’t they! Love the cork boards too, so clever xx

1. Bethany Reynolds

December 3, 2017 at 7:45 pm

Ahh! Now you can catch up in your own leisure! Hope you’ve had a nice time in Brighton x